dijous, 22 de gener del 2015

A bit of slang

BRITISH SLANG

John left his coat on a chair with his wallet in the pocket, and someone nicked it.

STEAL

I couldn’t sleep the night before. I’m knackered.

VERY TIRED

Their bathroom is so manky I don’t think they’ve cleaned it for about a month.

DIRTY

 

AMERICAN SLANG

I know zilch about cars. I never use them.

NOTHING,ZERO

He’s loaded. That’s why he can buy so expensive clothes.

VERY RICH

She’s got a great job. Sixty grand a year.

ONE THOUSANT DOLLARS OR POUNDS

She’s not a bad person, just kind of kooky.

STRANGE, CRAZY

I flunked my exam, so I’m going to have to do it again.

FAIL (AN EXAM OR A COURSE)

Are you asking me if I know Mike? Of course I do! We’ve been buddies for years!

FRIEND

The shop is open 24/7 so you can buy stuff whenever you want.


ALL THE TIME

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada