dimarts, 10 de desembre del 2013

Pulp Fiction. Mia's joke catch up

Phrasal verb: catch up

Mia: Vincent! You still wanna hear my 'Fox Force Five' joke?

Vincent: Sure, but I think I’m still a little too petrified to laugh.

Mia: Uh-huh. You won't laugh, because it’s not funny. But if you still wanna hear it, I’ll tell it.

Vincent: I can’t wait.

Mia: Okay. Three tomatoes are walking down the street, a poppa tomato, a momma tomato, and a little baby tomato. The baby tomato is lagging behind the poppa and momma tomato. The poppa tomato gets mad, goes over to the baby tomato and stamps on him -

(stamps the ground)

… and says: 'catch up.'

They both smile, but neither laughs.

Mia: See ya 'round, Vince.


Pulp Fiction. Quentin Tarantino. Faber and Faber. London-Boston. pag. 83

1 comentari: